Sunday, April 27, 2014

Hey YOU STOP LITTERING!

Hey you, STOP LITTERING! I never see you but the stuff you throw out is left for me to pick up!  You drive off in you nice clean vehicle!  What kind of person throws their trash out on the roadside?  On my way into the Martin Professional Development Center yesterday I found a plastic bottle wedged into a plant, bits of trash scattered along the way, and the worst of all -- as I drove to Murfreesboro Rd (the main thoroughfare I drive to go anywhere from my housing development) I saw one McDonald's bag, and 4 plastic water bottles.  Unfortunately I couldn't stop to pick each one up because of traffic.  I can only hope that a jogger or community worker picked them up.

When I returned to school after the all day meeting, one of the little girls, a first grader, rushed up to me.  "I asked my Mom to recycle a bottle this weekend. and you know what she said?"  "No," I replied, expecting the Mom to commend her daughter for her desire to keep the earth clean.  "She said we don't recycle."

"You did the right thing, I said, maybe I could talk with your Mom."  I'll let you know how that goes.


No comments: